Friday 27 January 2012

Connecting with your hairdresser

One of the most important things when getting your hair done can be whether or not you connect with your hairdresser. If you don’t feel confident that you’re on the same page and you can’t put trust in the person who is cutting your hair it’s never going to work.

My best work is always done when my client puts complete trust in my skills and opinion. While I never do whatever I want with whomever's hair I want, I do express my opinion strongly and honestly when working with a client. When they express theirs back with confidence I know we're going to get it right. This always works out for the best because there is a strong communication.

If you’re having trouble getting your hair right at the salon then try a little harder to get your message across to your hairdresser and get as much information out of them as you can. Do whatever it takes for them to realise what you want. Bringing photos to your appointment is extremely helpful for your hairdresser. It also helps you become more decisive because half the time the problem is that we aren't really sure we know what we want. If you have lots of photos from magazines or wherever, your hairdresser can at least get an idea of what you sense of style is and recommend something that works best for you. Then if you feel good about it, put your trust in them. It’s always going to get the best results.

If your confidence in that hairdresser still isn't there after all this, its time to move on and find a new one. 
Neither you, nor any hairdresser wants you to leave the salon unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment